Sunday, August 2, 2009

Clarity


Have you ever battled with DENIAL? Too often, I battle with denial and allow denial to win. Denial keeps me blind to the truth about myself! When denial wins in my life I become competitive - not cooperative, intense - not peaceful, joyless - not joyful, and emotional - not self controlled. Why not? When I am blinded by self, I imagine self to be far more important than it really is-yuck! But denial is like that.

I've noticed over the years that denial and God's Holy Spirit don't exactly get along like buddies. God, you see, wants me to see Waterford Crystal Clear; He wants me to see and understand my weaknesses, my pride, my flaws and my failures. Not so He can hurt me, but rather so that I might hide and trust further and more deeply in Him.

At times, clear sight is blinding though. At times, seeing myself clearly hurts a bit, often it hurts a great deal. But it doesn't hurt as badly as denial does. Denial causes me to hurt others as well.

So when I allow God to defeat denial in my daily walk with Him, denial goes away, beaten, bloodied and preparing to fight another day. When denial goes away, I have hope. Real hope - not hope that some elected official will bail me out, but real, genuine hope for today and tomorrow! I have that hope because God can now show me how incredibly able He is to take care of me and love me through all my junk. That's when seeing the truth with Waterford Crystal Clarity is okay - accepting the truth of who I am and Who's I am.

Life is truly better when the truth sets me free.

Peace, Chuck