Friday, July 2, 2010

A Timeline of Accountability

A few years ago, Focus on the Family did some extensive research on why and how more than 400 ministry leaders fell morally and how they failed in their rolls as ministry leaders and leaders in their homes.


The overwhelming commonality was that none of them were accountable to another person or group of people. Accountability is a good thing when we are doing what we are supposed to do. It's a real challenge when we aren't! I've been in both spots, having been accountable and delivering properly and not delivering. Either way, I knew when I was winning or losing. It was clear when I was on task and in the right place and I knew when I was blowing it or blew it.


One thing we have learned is this - without accountability, we all have a natural tendency to blow it. Accountability is a necessity for all leaders, regardless of your position.



Oil Spill Timeline from RightChange on Vimeo.



Peace, Chuck